Friday, June 25, 2010

My Weekend Pride

Pride Weekend

I love Pride. You’d think I wouldn’t. People. Crowds. Noise. Dancing. Only traumatizing places to pee. But I love it. I love all of it. I love seeing the tacky rainbow crap. I love the non-stop thumpa-thumpa-thumpa music. I love the parade. I love, quite simply, the gays. I’ve been going to prides for more than a dozen years now. Each year is a spectacle. An event. An over the top and ridiculous sweaty carnival of queertasticness. It’s also a reminder that, even if the larger world doesn’t necessarily think the same thing, it’s good to get together with your people and just feel fucking fabulous about yourself. A gal needs to do that sometimes. We all do. So this weekend, that’s exactly what I’m gonna do. Every now and then, even a misanthrope needs to dance her ass off. We’re here, we’re queer, and no one on the planet throws a better party than we do. Happy Pride, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment