Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Red delicious

Look, I know things probably don’t end well here. While I haven’t seen the French film “Nathalie” on which “Chloe” is based, I’m aware that the various couplings the characters find themselves entwined in are not – shall we say – ideal. But at this exact moment, none of that matters. Nor does the 25 year age difference between Amanda Seyfried and Julianne Moore. Nor do the probably less than good intentions behind these actions. Nope, mostly what matters is that these new production stills of Amanda and Julianne together are gorgeous. Delicious. Magnificent. Open thesaurus, point to “drool.”

The longer “The L Word” is off the air, the more I realize how much I crave lesbian content. Any kind of content. Even the kind of content where a long-term lesbian couple faces mid-life troubles when one partner begins an affair with a man content. This makes me feel a little sad for me. But mostly, it makes me sad for our entertainment landscape. I mean, is “The Real L Word” really all we have to look forward to on the horizon? Deep sigh. Man, I should really start watching “Skins.” Or just move to Britain.

No comments:

Post a Comment