Friday, March 25, 2011

My Weekend Crush

This isn’t a crush on any one person, because – truth be told – Elizabeth Taylor was my de facto Weekend Crush this week, and then some. So instead today my affections fall to a happy circumstance. I’m talking about those instances when universes collide at the intersection of Gay and Gayer. What I love in the course of doing what I do – whatever the hell that is – is when I organically tumble on two lesbian worlds colliding. Like when Shay Mitchell tweeted Naya Rivera, and then mentioned she’d like Emily Fields and Santana Lopez to date. God, the visuals in my head. So yesterday, in the course of researching a post on Kate Walsh’s new lesbian role the indie drama “Angels Crest,” I stumbled across a clip of her in the never-heard-of-it indie drama “Inside Out” from 2005. It brought about a whole new set of visuals, but not in my head. The only set-up I will give you is that it’s NSFW. Headphones, people, headphones.

Right, two things. 1) Told you about the headphones. And 2) Is that Emily Fields’ mom?! Yes, ladies and lesbians, that is Kate Walsh and Nia Peeples full-on in flagrante. Holy lesbian universes colliding, Batman. “Private Practice” Dr. Addison Montgomery and “Pretty Little Liars” Mrs. “I’m happy your girlfriend got shipped to Juvie Camp” Fields are going at it. Loudly. Really loudly. So, of course, I sent the link to friends and then the rest of the known universe because something this good must be shared to be appreciated. And then the cosmos sent back this. The only set-up I will give you for this is it’s a drama in three parts.

[Click each to embiggen. All credit goes to my genius friend Heather Hogan.]

Oh, universe. Sometimes I curse you. Sometimes you exasperate me with your cruelty and randomness, misery and loneliness. But other times I lay offerings at your shrine of delightful coincidences and the fact that you can bring the smoking celestial bodies of actresses we love from separate lesbian galaxies together in new and extraordinary ways. Let’s call it the Big LesBang Theory. Happy weekend, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment